About This Journal
The National Remote Sensing Bulletin, launched in 1986, is an Open Access Journal published in affiliation with Aerospace Information Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (AIR-CAS) and distributed by the Science Press monthly. The journal aims to be a high-level academic publication and exchange platform that promotes and leads the development of science and technology in the field of remote sensing.
Should researchers be interested in submitting their work to Journal of Remote Sensing, we ask that they please first review the Information for Authors page.
Mission And Scope
The National Remote Sensing Bulletin aims to publish high-quality, Open Access publications to benefit the earth observation community, open to everyone in need of them.
Scope: The National Remote Sensing Bulletin focuses on the theory, science, and technology of remote sensing, as well as interdisciplinary research with earth science and information science. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, Scholar’s View Point, data articles and perspectives.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
· Radiative transfer modelling
· Biogeosciences remote sensing
· Land cover and land use
· Agriculture, forestry and range
· Atmospheric science and meteorology
· Ocean and inland water remote sensing
· Snow, ice and glaciers
· Remote sensing of energy, water and biogeochemistry cycles
· Natural hazards/disasters and environment sciences
· Image processing, data fusion, data mining and data assimilation
· Advanced remote sensing techniques and spectral-radiometric measurements
· Interdisciplinary research in artificial intelligence and big data
DOI Prefix: 10.11834
If you are an author seeking information regarding editorial policies or if you have questions about submitting a manuscript, please first review the journal's Publication Ethics and the Information for Authors page.
Editorial and submissions inquiries
National Remote Sensing Bulletin Editorial Office
Room 221, Main building
No.19, North 4th Ring Road West
To submit a new manuscript, check the status of a submitted manuscript, or submit a revised manuscript
National Remote Sensing Bulletin (Bimonthly, Started in 1997) is a peer reviewed academic periodical in English which publishes papers of outstanding scientific and technological work bimonthly.
National Remote Sensing Bulletin serves the remote sensing community with the publication of results on theory, science, applications and technology of remote sensing of Earth resources and environment. Thoroughly interdisciplinary, this journal focuses on new concepts, new results, and new development of remote sensing. This journal publishes on Basic theory of remote sensing, remote sensing technology and applications. The emphasis of the journal is on biophysical and quantitative approaches to remote sensing at local to global scales. Areas of interest include, but are not necessarily restricted to:
–quantitative and Inversion– agriculture, forestry and range
– biophysical-spectral models
– earth and environmental science
– geography and land information
– geology and geosciences
– hydrology and water resources
– remote sensing image processing and analysis
– atmospheric science and meteorology
– disaster monitoring
– Geographic Information System, GIS and GNSS
– Sensor systems and spectral-radiometric measurements
In addition to original research papers, comprehensive review articles are welcome. Brief papers containing significant new data or techniques may be published as Short Communications
Abstract Journal (AJ)
Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST)
Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory (UPD)
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA)
Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD)
China Academic Journal Network Publishing Database（CAJD）